grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc missing LDAP sourced members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc missing LDAP sourced members

  • From: Raymond D Walker <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc missing LDAP sourced members
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:20:50 -0700

To further test populating LDAP with grouper information, I changed to
group-members-dn-list with the following configuration:

<group-members-dn-list list-object-class="groupOfUniqueNames"
list-attribute="uniqueMember" list-empty-value=""/>
<source-subject-identifier source="NAU LDAP" subject-attribute="uid" >
<ldap-search base="ou=people,dc=nau,dc=edu"
scope="subtree_scope"
filter="(uid={0})" />
</source-subject-identifier>

This populates user DN's from LDAP into uniqueMember for my groups fine...
which confirms that info is pulling correctly from LDAP. I also see the ldap
queries in my ldap logs.

On the other hand, when disabling dn's and enabling "group-member-name-list"
do not seem to work as well...

<source-dubject-name-map source="NAU LDAP" subject-attribute="uid" />

I've tried id, uid, subjectId, etc as the subject-attribute. All variations
leave a successful LDAP query for the subject that are members of groups,
but ldappc does not populate the group members at all. Heck, even internally
created grouper subjects (jdbc) fail to populate ldap as well using the
following convention:

<source-subject-name-map source="jdbc" subject-attribute="id" />

The only name based source that currently works is the internal group
source:

<source-subject-name-map source="g:gsa" subject-attribute="name" />

Could there possibly be something amiss in my sources.xml? I'm leaning
towards there not being anything wrong, as it's very similar to my DN setup.
-Ray