grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAP user source -> SOLVED ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAP user source -> SOLVED ?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Lutz Suhrbier <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAP user source -> SOLVED ?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:15:49 -0600

I'm glad you've worked around the problem. Could you send me the <source> element for your LDAP source from your sources.xml?

Tom

Lutz Suhrbier wrote:
Hello,

meanwhile, I found a solution to that error.
Within the sources.xml, I have had to include at least those LDAP elements within "attribute" elements, which are requested in the subject, subjectId and description items of the source. If not, then the error described in my last posting (see below) occures.

As the wiki documentation states, that NOT including "attribute" elements just leads to requesting all available attributes from the given LDAP-source, this would mean that there is a bug in the implementation, or not ?
Or, is it a feature of the implementation, since looking through the documentation, I did not found a hint that Grouper-UI can be configured somewhere else as in sources.xml to define those attributes from the sources, which shall be presented to the user in the UI ?