grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Exporting custom attributes?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Exporting custom attributes?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Loris Bennett <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Exporting custom attributes?
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:24:55 -0600

Group attributes of grouper groups can be mapped to LDAP attributes on group objects by means of the group-attribute-mapping element in the ldappc config file.

Chris will need to comment on ability to access group attributes using web services.

Unfortunately, stems do not admit custom attributes at this time. That may change in a future release.

Tom

Loris Bennett wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering whether it is possible to export custom attributes of
groups to LDAP using ldappc.

I was thinking about how to deal with changes in an organisational
structure. Currently I am generating stems based on the names of
organisational units. Colleagues suggested that using the numerical IDs
of the org units might be better, as these are less likely to change. On
the other hand, for debugging purposes, stems containing names would be
more convenient.

I am aware that I could attach the ID to a groups by using a custom type
with an appropriate attribute. However, I have not seen how I could
export the information to LDAP or access it via the web service, but I
may have missed something.

What could my options be?

Regards

Loris

begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technologies
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director for Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1