grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] arguments to ldappc script

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] arguments to ldappc script

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] arguments to ldappc script
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:04:15 -0500

You should always use "GrouperSystem".

It's the subject in Grouper that will be used for checking access
privileges. Last I checked, you'll get serious performance slowdowns if
you use anything other than "GrouperSystem".

-K

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 16:02 -0500, Scott Koranda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to use ldappc version 1.1.1.
>
> The web page at
>
> http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/grouper/ldappc/1.1.0/doc/user-manual.html
>
> explains this about the "-subject" flag for the script ldappc:
>
> -subject subjectId The SubjectId used to establish Grouper API and
> Signet API sessions. If any arguments are used,
> then "-subject subjectId" is required.
>

> I do not understand what "SubjectId" is? What value
> specifically should I provide for the -subject option?
>
> Also, I have these files in conf:
>
> antMaster.properties
> antSystem.properties
> grouper.ehcache.xml
> kitneduperson.schema
> ldappc.schema
> ldappcSubject.ldif
> ldappc.xml
> log4j.properties
> readme.txt
> signet.properties
> signetResApp.properties
> sources.xml
> subjectSources.xml
> testLdappc.properties
>
> Am I missing any?
>
> Which ones must be edited/configured for a production (not testing)
> deployment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

  • arguments to ldappc script, Scott Koranda, 08/28/2008
    • Re: [grouper-users] arguments to ldappc script, Kathryn Huxtable, 08/28/2008