grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] using Grouper and ldappc to manage posix groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] using Grouper and ldappc to manage posix groups

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] using Grouper and ldappc to manage posix groups
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:46:53 -0500

Did you really mean for the DN to be ou=s5, or should it have been cn=s5?

If the latter, then yes, ldappc can do this. use the group-members- name-list element in ldappc.xml as follows:

<group-members-name-list list-object-class="posixGroup" list- attribute="memberUid">
<source-subject-name-mappings>
<source-subject-name-map source="MYSOURCE" subject- attribute="uid"/>
</source-subject-name-mappings>
</group-members-name-list>

where MYSOURCE is the name of your source configuration in ldappc.xml and uid is whatever the subject API uses for the attribute you're populating into memberUid.

I'm going to include examples of this kind of usage in the next version of Ldappc, so any suggestions along these lines are helpful.

-K