grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Apache Seg Fault on select group or member

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Apache Seg Fault on select group or member

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Thomas M Goerger <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Apache Seg Fault on select group or member
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:23:42 +0100

Hi Tom,

I've never come across anything like that with Grouper or with mod_jk so I would suspect some odd interaction with your auth module. I assume a core dump should be generated somewhere and trying to analyse that may give some clue, but the error message itself doesn't help narrow down the possibilities.

Gary

--On 26 June 2008 14:51 -0500 Thomas M Goerger

I've got our grouper implementation nearly all ready. We've moved from a
strictly tomcat set up, using tomcat auth, to using mod_jk to connect
apache and tomcat, and a proprietary x.500 setup, so that we can use our
central auth to allow users to manage groups using their university Id.

The auth setup works, directing users into the system, and finding their
groups and privileges just fine. The problem I'm running into is that
when a user selects a group or stem in their listing, or presumably a
member, I'm receiving a seg fault from apache. The error that I'm getting
is

[Thu Jun 26 14:43:02 2008] [notice] child pid 18742 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Tom Goerger
University of Minnesota
Academic Computing
Internet Services

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing