grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] [ldappc] Configuration problem (with body this time)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] [ldappc] Configuration problem (with body this time)

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] [ldappc] Configuration problem (with body this time)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:55:28 -0500

Hello,

First off, I don't know why Grouper uses an uppercase ID to display the subject identifier. The Subject API, used by both Grouper and Ldappc uses lower case for the identifier.

Is your uid attribute indexed in your LDAP directory?

Have you tried lowercasing "ID" in the <source-subject-name-map> element?

Can you post your sources.xml (without passwords, of course).

-K

On Jun 19, 2008, at 2:22 AM,

wrote:

Dear all,

I am having difficulty getting both the members for the groups and the memberships of the people exported. I succeeded in getting everything working by using 'lastname' as the subject-attribute for source-subject-name-map and source-subject-identifier, and then using a filter of (sn={0)} as my LDAP search filter.

However, when I try to use the Grouper ID and the LDAP attribute uid in a corresponding manner, only the memberships for the people are exported to the isMemberOf attribute, but the hasMember and member attributes of the groups remain empty.

Here is my ldappc.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!--
* This file contains data for testing Ldappc.
*
* See ldappcTemplate.xml for documentation regarding how to use these
* elements.
-->

<ldappc>
<grouper>
<group-queries>
<subordinate-stem-queries>
<stem-list>
<stem>fub</stem>
</stem-list>
</subordinate-stem-queries>
<!--
<attribute-matching-queries>
<attribute-list>
<attribute name="attribute" value="value" />
</attribute-list>
</attribute-matching-queries>
-->
</group-queries>
<groups structure="flat"
root-dn="ou=gruppen,dc=fu-berlin,dc=de"
ldap-object-class="groupOfNames"
ldap-rdn-attribute="cn" grouper-attribute="name" >
<group-members-dn-list list-object-class="groupOfNames" list- attribute="member" list-empty-value=""/>
<group-members-name-list list-object-class="eduMember" list- attribute="hasMember" >
<source-subject-name-mapping>
<source-subject-name-map source="fu" subject- attribute="ID" />
</source-subject-name-mapping>
</group-members-name-list>

<group-attribute-mapping ldap-object-class="groupOfNames">
<group-attribute-map group-attribute="description" ldap- attribute="description" />
</group-attribute-mapping>

</groups>
<memberships>
<member-groups-list
list-object-class="eduMember"
list-attribute="isMemberOf"
naming-attribute="name" />
</memberships>
</grouper>

<source-subject-identifiers>
<source-subject-identifier source="fu" subject-attribute="id" >
<ldap-search base="ou=personen,dc=fu-berlin,dc=de"
scope="subtree_scope"
filter="(uid={0})" />
</source-subject-identifier>
</source-subject-identifiers>

<ldap>
<context>
<parameter-list>
<parameter name="initial_context_factory" value="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" />
<parameter name="provider_url" value="ldap://localhost:389"; />
<parameter name="security_authentication" value="simple" />
<parameter name="security_principal" value="cn=xxxx,dc=fu- berlin,dc=de" />
<parameter name="security_credentials" value="xxxx" />
</parameter-list>
</context>
</ldap>

</ldappc>

I am also suprised that the subject-attribute has to be 'id' and not 'ID' as it is displayed by grouper, although on the other hand it is lowercase in my sources.xml.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loris Bennett