grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc and nonexistent members-name-list ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc and nonexistent members-name-list ?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc and nonexistent members-name-list ?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:55:51 -0500

Tom Zeller wrote:
In our usage, it would be 'more consistent' for members-name-list to not be provisioned if members-dn-list is not provisioned. Am I making sense ? Is there a way to make members-dn-list and members-name-list always match ?

If so, I wonder if it should be a configurable option, since I foresee needs in some environments (UChicago, in particular), in which it would be "less consistent" to enforce this requirement. Ie, it depends on what kinds of subjects you're putting in groups.

Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technology
adr;dom:1155 E. 60th St.;;Rm 309, 1155 Bldg;Chicago;IL;60637
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director - Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1