grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Dynamics groups in grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Dynamics groups in grouper

  • From: Arnaud Deman <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Dynamics groups in grouper
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:54:16 +0100

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your quick answer.

This mix was our first idea but now we as the uPortal applications (Moodle for instance) access the groups via LDAP we would like to have also the PAGS groups in our LDAP. The second point is that we are thinking about using Grouper as the group manager of the whole information system and not only for uPortal. The fact that we can't list the members of PAGS groups can also be a problem.

I think I will try to write an extension of Grouper to handle this kind of groups. I don't know if someone else could be Interested by this.
I may switch the the grouper devel list to ask the question.

Have a good day,
Arnaud.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing a écrit :
Hi Arnaud,

Grouper does not support dynamic groups. You can, however, mix and match group stores in uPortal so you should be able to use a combination of PAGS (Person Attribute Group Store) for dynamic groups and Grouper for static groups.

Gary