grouper-users - Grouper Bugs entered in Jira

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Grouper Bugs entered in Jira

  • From: "Cramton, James" <>
  • To: "Grouper Dev" <>, <>
  • Subject: Grouper Bugs entered in Jira
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:12:25 -0400

I've entered 10 bugs, enhancements, or feature requests we've identified
in Brown's implementation of MACE Grouper. Perhaps this is suitable for
little more than bedtime (or even bathroom!) reading for most, but you
may find the issue summaries worth looking over, in case you're
experiencing a similar issue.

Grouper Jira Issues:

Do not permit creation of multiple identical membership paths

Support deleting group membership for subjects who are no longer in the
directory

Need support for arbitrary attributes in import/export

List all ACLs on a group, either direct or inherited

Find New Members page should default to 'member' privilege

Allow users and groups to be sorted separately in List Members page

Deleting the last member from a group using Remove selected members
button creates a java exception

Subject Summary Page does not display modify or create time or subject
values

Provide ability to control sort order of subject attributes listed on
Subject Summary page

Do not list nameless groups for which no View privilege is granted

I also have a list of 5 LDAPpc issues that I'll post to the Jira LDAPpc
project to be named later:

LDAPpc Issues:

LDAPpc changes to utilize Grouper 1.2.1 performance improvements
(I am making this change for the upcoming LDAPpc release)

LDAPpc connection pooling turned on by default
(I am making this change for the upcoming LDAPpc release)

Enhance deployment documentation to include Brown's deployment lessons
(I am making this change for the upcoming LDAPpc release)

LDAPpc should not search for groups in LDAP that do not exist in LDAP
(reduces log file volume by 30MB per run; release schedule TBD)

Improve logging to provide more useful log information; potentially
including summary statistics and/or audit logging
(TBD; may be intertwined with the conversations about hooks and
messaging)

James Cramton
Lead Programmer/Analyst
Brown University