grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] purpose of subject type

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] purpose of subject type

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc: grouper users list <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] purpose of subject type
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:50:53 -0500

The standing of subject type in the Subject API is in flux. It started out as an enumerated type applied per-subject, and is becoming a string property of a subject source that gets attached to each subject rendered by that source. I frankly don't recall exactly where it's at in Subject API v0.3.X.

Jim Fox wrote:

I tried to add an application as a subject, with gsh:

gsh% addSubject("lost.cac.washington.edu",
"application",
"lost.cac.washington.edu");

However, I got a subject with type="person" and an attribute
of subjecttypeid="application".

What is the purpose of subject type and the attribute subjectypeid?

Jim