grouper-users - Re: Question about the ldappc

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: Question about the ldappc

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: maliang <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: Question about the ldappc
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:35:37 -0500

(I'm CCing the grouper-users list since this type of issue may well be
encountered by others).

I think we should check some assumptions.

Is your group v1.2 installation working? Is its sources.xml file the one
you copied to ldappc's conf folder? How are you executing ldappc, ie,
which ant task, or which java command line? And which ldappc conf
folder, ie, the one in the distribution, or the one created during the
ldappc build process? Did you have ldappc working with a previous
version of grouper?

Can you share your sources.xml file (with passwords omitted)?

Tom

maliang wrote:
> I have no v0.3 sources.jar file,but a subject-0.3.0-rc1-cvs.jar in
> grouper's lib folder.
> I copied this subject-0.3.0-rc1-cvs.jar and sources.xml to ldappc's lib
> folder and conf folder.
> I got Errors :"
> failed to initialize source manager: Error initializing SourceManager
> at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.SubjectFinder.<clinit>(Unknown
> Source)"
> How can I handle the problem?Is there something wrong with the
> "sources.xml"?
>

> Thanks a lot.
> Here is the stackTrace.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.GrouperSubjectRetriever.findSubjectById(GrouperSubjectRetriever.java:52)
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.GrouperSessionControl.startSession(GrouperSessionControl.java:73)
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.GrouperProvisioner.provision(GrouperProvisioner.java:134)
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.LdappcGrouperProvisioner.provisionGroups(LdappcGrouperProvisioner.java:123)
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.LdappcProvisionControl.run(LdappcProvisionControl.java:78)
> at edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.Ldappc.main(Ldappc.java:96)
> Caused by: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperRuntimeException: failed
> to initialize source manager: Error initializing SourceManager
> at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.SubjectFinder.<clinit>(Unknown
> Source)
> ... 6 more
> Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Error initializing SourceManager
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider.SourceManager.init(Unknown Source)
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider.SourceManager.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider.SourceManager.getInstance(Unknown
> Source)
> ... 7 more
> Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException
> at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:601)
> at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
> at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:650)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:186)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
> [...]

  • Re: Question about the ldappc, Tom Barton, 07/31/2007