grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] how to accelerate to search subject from ldap

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] how to accelerate to search subject from ldap

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: aifei <>
  • Cc: Martti Jokipii <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] how to accelerate to search subject from ldap
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 07:04:30 -0500

aifei wrote:
hi, Gary:
I build grouper-ui-1.1 to manage the group and memberships.there's a
question to help.when i search subject from ldap which has peson entries
more than ten thousand,it becomes very slowly.but not happens in
searching subject from ldap which has thousands of peson entries.the
attchment are my source.xml and ehcache.xml.Could you help me resovle it?
regards!

This sounds like an issue with configuration of the ldap server - probably with the indices it maintains. Your 'search' searchType declaration uses substring comparisons and so may be slow unless each of the attributes have a substring index:

(&amp; (|(uid=*%TERM%*)(cn=*%TERM%*)(sn=*%TERM%*))(objectclass=person))

So, do each of uid, cn, and sn have substring indices, and does objectclass have an equality index?