grouper-users - looking for campuses taking MACE Grouper to production....

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

looking for campuses taking MACE Grouper to production....

  • From:
  • To: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: looking for campuses taking MACE Grouper to production....
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:03:22 -0400

Brown is currently working on taking MACE Grouper to production. We don't know yet whether we'll succeed, but we are pushing forward steadily. I'm defining "to production" rather broadly -- I'm starting by saying this includes:

-- provisioning data into Grouper (from the business systems, typically, to maintain membership info for various demographic groups)

-- allowing people to use Grouper GUI to inspect and manage group definitions

-- standard production issues for Grouper (eg performance tuning of Oracle, etc)

-- the usual organization of the namespace issues

-- replicating group membership info into ldap

-- use of group membership information by applications (initially, we're concerned only with confluence and sympa). (For some good fun, wire up confluence to an ldap directory with thousands of groups, and then use the confluence pages to give one of these groups special permissions on a wiki page... ;-) ).

I'm wondering whether other campuses are pursuing these same issues, and, if so, whether we want to start a conversation about the issues we're encountering, and the solutions we find.

  • looking for campuses taking MACE Grouper to production...., Steven_Carmody, 06/04/2007