grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper & VO management

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper & VO management

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Siegfried Makedanz <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper & VO management
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:41:12 -0500

Yes, it is still on the minds of several and, to an extent, in the hands of a few prototypers.

I have already demo'd issuing SAML via shibboleth expressing group memberships managed by Grouper - integrating them via an intervening LDAP directory is now supported by Ldappc. No direct grouper -> shibboleth connector has been developed, but I'm not clear that one is essential.

Of course, what I've demo'd is just prototype to show that it can be done with tools in hand, not actually solving any real problems. Others are contemplating and building less ephemeral demonstrations to provoke thought on the part of the rest of us.

Tom

Siegfried Makedanz wrote:
Grouper has several times been mentioned as a prospective application to
manage virtual organizations, especially in the Grid context. Is this
direction still on the agenda? I've seen that caGrid built Grid Grouper
on top of Grouper.

Has anyone tried to run Grouper as a Shibboleth Attribute Authority to
create SAML assertions which can be consumed by Shib SPs?

Thanks,
Siegfried

--
Siegfried Makedanz
http://www.awi.de/People/show?smakedan

  • Grouper & VO management, Siegfried Makedanz, 04/20/2007
    • Re: [grouper-users] Grouper & VO management, Tom Barton, 04/20/2007