grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] search subjects not working

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] search subjects not working

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: "Zhang, Feng (UITS - CBA GA)" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] search subjects not working
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

Make sure the search parameter for appropriate search in subjects.xml
is correct for your LDAP attributes. We had to use a couple of
matches to get this to work.

<param-value>
(|(uwNetID=%TERM%)(uwRegID=%TERM%))
</param-value>

where, for us, the uwNetID is a user's common login identifier
and uwRegID is a persistent, uuid-like thing.

Jim

We got grouper connecting to our LDAP source. We
could retrive new user information by directly calling
SubjectFinder.findByIdentifier. But no information can be retrieved
using "searchSubjects" on UI. We use Tomcat 5.5.17 and wheel group
is enabled. What could be the problem? >

  • search subjects not working, Zhang, Feng (UITS - CBA GA), 03/14/2007
    • Re: [grouper-users] search subjects not working, Jim Fox, 03/14/2007