grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc performance

  • From: Dave Donnelly <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Kathryn Huxtable <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc performance
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:09:24 -0800

I'll have a look into it when I'm able.

Tom Barton wrote:
Thanks Kathryn. I'm also CCing Dave Donnelly (signet developer), who is collecting issues with the Subject API and reference implementation that might be addressed in a future 1.0 release.

Tom

Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
It looks like a lot of the culprit is the subject API. We use a JDBC
connector. The JDBCSourceAdapter class in subject 0.2.1 does not use
prepared statement handles. I get the following for a group with 13,357
members:

Lookup time: 142327
Finder time: 50181

Using prepared statements I get:

Lookup time: 26550
Finder time: 53345

The times are in milliseconds. The lookup time is the total time required
for the member.getSubject() calls to complete and the finder time is the
total time for all the Provisioner.findSubjectDn(...) calls to complete.

These calls are in GroupEntrySynchronizer.storeGroupData.

Obviously, I can speed up the Provisioner.findSubjectDn call by cheating and
using knowledge of how DNs are constructed from our IdMS, but you probably
ought to think about using prepared statements.

Prepared statements also eliminate problems with SQL injection.

-K