grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Result Set Limit

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Result Set Limit

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: "Chuck Miller" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Result Set Limit
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:18:43 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=SUWWbD588OGJmlYo3avYnohy1QOV0VUjZjKBvaqVfL9HBilq/wIl9X7Fty8iGYbqGmi39Pa8B15UgPJDsgrb/wMSi/G7Ogxx6vLzwewtniApsnmsCPrApSFbu8yQGtValFMGOKDDyNwa7Btr47/hGIO2Xq2vX2+1zMZOpSBMGKE=

On 10/11/06, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing
I just did a quick check on the UI code and I don't think it is restricting
the number of members you can see.

Nor should the API.

The ehcache.xml has maxElementsInMemory="1000" in a few places, so that
might be part of the problem - blair should be able to confirm that.

Possibly. The default ehcache configuration in 1.0 does not work well
with the UI as it can frequently lead to stale results. That is one
of the reasons why I've disabled query caching in HEAD. If this is
the problem setting `hibernate.cache.use_query_cache = false` in
`conf/grouper.hibernate.properties`, restarting the UI, etc. might
resolve the problem. If that works but you still want query caching
enabled you should reduce the `timeToLiveSeconds` and
`timeToIdleSeconds` values in `conf/ehcache.xml`.