grouper-users - subject tables

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

subject tables

  • From: Will Norris <>
  • To:
  • Subject: subject tables
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:29:45 -0700

running "ant schemaexport" creates 14 tables in my database... 12 grouper_* tables, as well as subject and subjectattribute. Am I correct in thinking that these last two are not technically required by grouper, but were created more for the quickstart where people entries were also defined in the database? If all of my subjects are defined externally (via LDAP, a different database, etc) is it okay to remove these two tables, or are they used for something else as well?

thanks,
will