grouper-users - Shibbolizing Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Shibbolizing Grouper

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Shibbolizing Grouper
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:41:22 -0500

So what do I need to do to Grouper to Shibbolize it?

I have configured my Shibboleth application to return eduPersonPrincipalName
as REMOTE_USER (the default) and have configured sources.xml in grouper to
use eduPersonPrincipalName for the identifier.

The symptom is that upon going to the Grouper URL I go through the
Shibboleth login process and am then delivered to the Grouper page with the
help info and the login link instead of to the top level group page.

If I put

in my tomcat-users.xml file I can log in using the
lame password I put in that file *after* logging in via Shibboleth and
clicking the login link.

Where do I look for info on customizing this, or what do I do?

-K