grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Allowed characters in stem and group names

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Allowed characters in stem and group names

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Keith Hazelton <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Allowed characters in stem and group names
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:21:42 +0100

Keith,

I'm not sure if the API imposes any restrictions - I couldn't see anything obvious, however, blair would be able to answer more authoritatively.

The UI does do a check for certain characters which are disallowed - but the list should, perhaps, be reviewed and probably enforced at the API level. The characters the UI disallows are:
^ "<>\*

Gary

--On 05 July 2006 07:06 -0500 Keith Hazelton

Are there allowed and unallowed characters in stem and group names (other
than the exclusion of the chosed delimiter character)?

-- k

Keith Hazelton Senior IT Architect, UW-Madison
(608) 262-0771 Division of Info. Technology
(608) 205-2022 (home) 1210 W. Dayton St., rm. 2118A
http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith Madison, WI 53706

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing