grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] having trouble listing group members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] having trouble listing group members

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: xiaohui Cai <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] having trouble listing group members
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:10:31 +0100

Hi Xiaohui,

Are you using the official 0.9 release or the workshop version?

Unfortunately the stacktrace doesn't let me know what the problem is. Logging in the UI, as well as error catching is deficient at the moment. However,
setting logging to DEBUG in log4j.properties may give some clues in the Grouper log configured there.

If you are using HSQLDB you can send me the grouper.script database file and I'll try and reproduce the errors.

Gary

--On 03 April 2006 11:59 -0400 xiaohui Cai

I am testing the Grouper 0.9. I get the following error when I am
trying to "List group members" under group summary . Here is the error
message I got.

An error has occurred which prevented the page from displaying. If the
problem persists please contact your system administrator with the
details below:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/
body.jsp': ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/content.jsp':
ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/GroupMembers.jsp': ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/dynamicTile.jsp': ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/
genericListView.jsp': ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/
dynamicTile.jsp': ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/ memberLinkView.jsp':
[B at org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag
$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:921) at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:460) at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.template_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_insert_2
(org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.template_jsp:435) at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.template_jsp._jspService
(org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.template_jsp:172) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service
(JspServletWrapper.java:322) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java: 314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java: 264) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke
(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest
(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward
(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward
(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward
(RequestProcessor.java:1056) at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward
(TilesRequestProcessor.java:261) at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition
(TilesRequestProcessor.java:237) at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig
(TilesRequestProcessor.java:300) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process
(RequestProcessor.java:231) at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java: 1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet (ActionServlet.java:397)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service (HttpServlet.java:689) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service (HttpServlet.java:802) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.LoginCheckFilter.doFilter
(LoginCheckFilter.java:167) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:204) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:178) at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke
(AuthenticatorBase.java:432) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:126) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:105) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
857) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Also, if I am trying to add a member without assigning privileges,
instead of getting a helpful message, I get stack trace.

Thanks,

Xiaohui Cai
202 687 6697

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing