grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] question about user privileges

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] question about user privileges

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Joy Veronneau <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] question about user privileges
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:03:00 +0000

Hi Joy,

Out of the box Grouper only recognises GrouperSystem and GrouperAll as subjects. All creation of stems and groups is controlled by privileges assigned to subjects - so none can be assigned to you beforehand. The instructions from Tom's email still hold, though now there is the possibility of defining a wheel group whose members have GrouperSystem privileges. You still need to create this group - so you'll have to log in as GrouperSystem.

Maybe it would be worth having an additional Ant target which would create a wheel group and assign some members? In principle the QuickStart XmlLoader contribution could be used to do this.

Gary

--On 23 January 2006 16:17 -0500 Joy Veronneau

Here is some correspondence between myself and Tom Barton from when I was
testing release 0.6.  The question was how to configure things so that
when I was logged in as user jv11, I could begin to create stems/groups.

I am wondering if things have changed for 0.9.  I'm thinking that I
shouldn't have to log in as GrouperSystem anymore?

TIA,

Joy

Begin forwarded message: