grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldap subject can't create root stem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldap subject can't create root stem

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>, Tom Barton <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldap subject can't create root stem
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:06:05 +0100

Tom,

The desc and source attributes are an issue due to the way the gui is implemented. I think I have fixed the problem, but will check it out tomorrow and let you have a couple of Java source files which remove the dependencey.

Gary

--On 19 October 2005 11:27 -0500 Tom Zeller

In the 0.6 release it is necessary for all subjects, including
GrouperSystem, to have 'description' and 'loginid' subject
attributes in order the the GUI work properly. Any others are
gravy, used to enhance searching. This is likely to change somewhat
over the next 6-8 weeks or so.

I've found that a person source adapter must provide subjects with
"desc" and "source" attributes for the GUI to work.

Is there a Grouper provided LDAP adapter in the works ?

Tom

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing