grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Trying 0.6 Grouper release with Oracle

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Trying 0.6 Grouper release with Oracle

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Joy Veronneau <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Trying 0.6 Grouper release with Oracle
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:59:01 +0100

Hi Joy,

Have you updated sources.xml to connect to Oracle? If so can you confirm if the GrouperSystem subject has an attribute 'loginid' value='GrouperSystem' in the subjectattribute table.

Thanks,

Gary

--On 04 October 2005 09:49 -0400 Joy Veronneau

We have downloaded the latest 0.6 release of grouper and grouper-ui and
have them running on one of our servers, and have them hooked up to our
Oracle database, but I am having trouble getting into the ui when
authenticating as the GrouperSystem user.

I've looked at the traffic going back and forth to the Oracle server, so
I know that grouper is logging in correctly to the grouper database.

When I go to the grouper web page on our server, and log in as
GrouperSystem, I get the error shown below. (I believe I have correctly
modified tomcat-users.xml to include the GrouperSystem userid.)

I have executed the db-init command and have verified that the
GrouperSystem subject is present in the grouper database.

We are trying to debug this here but if anyone has any ideas we'd
appreciate some hints! (We have been able to set up the previous
release with hsqldb without any problems.)

Thanks,

Joy Veronneau
Cornell University
-------------------------

An error has occurred which prevented the page from displaying. If the
problem persists please contact your system administrator with the
details below:

java.io.IOException: GrouperSystem is not recognised at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.LoginCheckFilter.doFilter
(LoginCheckFilter.java:220) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:146) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:209) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:144) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke
(AuthenticatorBase.java:504) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke
(StandardContext.java:2358) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:133) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke
(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:127) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline
$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:433) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java: 152)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
(Http11Processor.java:799) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
(ThreadPool.java:683) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing