grouper-users - How about a DSML provisioner?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

How about a DSML provisioner?

  • From: Mark McLaren <>
  • To:
  • Subject: How about a DSML provisioner?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:45:23 +0000

This may be pie in the sky. I don't know why but the post about SPML,
which I also have to admit I'd never heard of, reminded me of DSML.

I'm not entirely sure but I reckon a DSML provisioner used in
conjunction with something like the Microsoft tool linked below could
be a mechanism to access Active Directory data. Although granted it
could well be that the LDAP provisioner would be sufficient for AD
access.

DSML also being an open standard is not confined to AD but equally
well applies to any suitable LDAP server.

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/dsml.asp>

Mark