grouper-study - RE: U-M's TIER CSP Grouper Project Plan

Subject: grouper-study

RE: U-M's TIER CSP Grouper Project Plan

  • From: "Coleman, Erik C" <>
  • To: Aimee Lahann <>, thompsow <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: U-M's TIER CSP Grouper Project Plan
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 21:21:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Aimee,

I like your work breakdown, it seems not far off from ours.  A similar goal we’ve had is to deploy “simple” and build out from there. We still have to build the processes around how we go about implementing functionality expansions in a regular, approved sort of way. That’s a bit abstracted from Grouper itself, but does anyone have any defined processes they could share? Just using an agile/scrum method?

One thing we still need to define is a standard delegation model/process for unit ownership of a folder for ad-hoc groups, as the use-case will come up quickly.  I’m picturing something like this:

1)      Department “basketry” wants a folder to manage their own groups.

2)      We create a folder under our “org” folder, call it “basketry”

3)      We create a default admin group called “folder-admins” within that folder.

4)      We assign the “Admin” privilege to the “folder-admins” group on the “basketry” folder.

5)      We populate a supplied list of people that are designated as admins on that folder in the folder-admins group.

Ideally, I would like a GSH script that automates this, as we have several hundred potential orgs that could request this. All I would need to supply is the org’s name, and the folks that are admins.

Thanks for your advice!

-Erik