grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] WS API for inherited privileges
Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: "Stephen J. Butler" <>
- Subject: [grouper-dev] WS API for inherited privileges
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 12:26:35 -0500
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=illinois.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=illinois.edu; dkim=pass header.d=illinois.edu; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=4TZ85rjeuD8VVX/y+egFYQby7MZZXzvb6L1nxHP/nnU=; b=c+MRIWQyD7H2xsEgBERsdZ6042jxiRZA677hriKLOeXxB8zl9EuV9JcUO+se8HSSQOJ9RoOWCdag2wshxKXG+NDlWo1eIOYO+olt+l7GfviCi6tkyQ9EXItpkVVBie1T5fWZ+rf1b1SelKUDlf/weCVkmf04Z9KVBmAh42gYkE/4OhP/2Uj7aQ43qT29X8ySzxk4jWGL1plWZKZoz2SpZ8PXrDH8pdurr2xjbaonLtueqXvml579QCFMWUkp7ozgMYoLFR6CIE8+ummbi/gt9jz8NSwGcOOsXAqYqIL+zv1F46rodkZEFb5YnwF9zZzPSCyPc2RvVHxDBY8hYhFXMg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=iaShhmEw6K8xTzAWhWPVw4eIi7WjGZd5qJ4PhwX+OX+JO0eEpaQyMtf3LDaEiJe3SbwCiRIzQtiQeHO2x3UwzEgIqiq2tnkwsakmL/eA6azFZCSxS3+nwpndiXqda8hW6QuUlEoUtnhLSIVhpnku+yaWJblx/cbDZmW4t/DSrK1gLQqBlscSuhTchz+h+tGik0ch8d74yoomZjHurqI/tTaaJliS0klLaFH4mSFMl/NSWDd/06gbeBC1E12pKfRiWSs74nGvLSlWMK6/2jPGLVemd/gqFj95PVZa5Da0+IhyPOQkgbcxAXBz+Qg617bWVg2Wsxv0uiF870aXrFHe3A==
I working on a project where we want to use the Grouper WS API (I'm
using SOAP specifically). One thing I want to do is create a stem and
then set privileges on it, such that those privileges are inherited to
all child stems and groups. In the UI I'd do this by:
1. Going to the stem
2. Clicking on "This Folder's...", "Privileges inherited to objects in
3. Add members
4. Find the member and set the desired inherited privileges and click save.
However, I can't find in the v2.5 API how to do this. The get/add/remove
grouper privileges API seems to just be the privileges for that specific
entity, not the inherited ones like I want. I dug into the code to see
how the UI does it and it seems to be using special calls to the
RuleApi... which I couldn't find a WS implementation of.
Is the inherited privileges API not available for WS? Or have I missed
- [grouper-dev] WS API for inherited privileges, Stephen J. Butler, 08/16/2021
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.