grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Display a maintenance banner?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Display a maintenance banner?

  • From: Alex Poulos <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Display a maintenance banner?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 08:12:49 -0400

I was imagining just using the existing message box that appears at the top of the page (green for a successful action, red for an error). If memory serves, there's a yellow one for info. We could add a line in grouper-ui.properties.conf (uiv2.bannerMessage = "Notice: Grouper Maintenance will occur...") and then add this message on the home page once per user session. I could probably put together a pull request for this within the next week or so (we're in the middle of upgrading to 2.4 migrating everything to the tier docker containers, so that's keeping me busy).

Does what I've laid out make sense?