Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
[grouper-dev] RE: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+new+template+wizard
- From: "Black, Carey M." <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-dev] RE: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+new+template+wizard
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:48:28 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 22.214.171.124) smtp.mailfrom=osu.edu; internet2.edu; dkim=pass (signature was verified) header.d=osu.edu;internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=osu.edu;
- Authentication-results-original: spf=none (sender IP is ) ;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Fair warning.. I am still using 2.3. ( I have not had time to try to move to
2.4 with the pending sources.xml being deprecated and ldaptive promotion the
mix. :) )
First let me say that I am very excited to see the template wizard.
The idea of it is very promising.
So I am starting to wrap my head around how it works ( in detail ) so
that I can plan how it might be useful for me. :)
A few detail questions about the docs ( I have yet to go look at the two
examples [code] that are built into 2.4.) :
1) The page section " Application built-in template "
I am guessing this is a typo, but maybe not....
The user supplied values are:
issueTracking <-- NOTE : "ing"
and the checkbox list example after it all has "issuerTracker" <--
Should those match?
How/where did the "er" come from?
The rest of the questions are from the page section " Creating your own
2) This just does not parse for me. ( AKA: "The devs said what?" )
"## use capturing group from regex as the key in the dropdown. eg:
service for the below string"
I see "service" in the grouper property key name. But I don't
understand what that does for the UI / template code?
Does the comment mean that the "service" string will be used
as the HTML value in the dropdown in the UI? ( not the displayed value, but
the underlying html [select --> options value="key"] in the order list? )
If so: How do you set the "Displayed label" (for the HTML
option) for the user?
If so: Please don't call it "key" in the comments/docs
because it conflates with the UI freeform field named "Key"? ( in the
"Application built-in template" screen shot )
Or does the user need to somehow know the config
"Key" string and enter it into that "Key" field in the UI? [ magically? ]
3) " There should be a ui text key "
Uh.. a reference to a different grouper config file that needs lines
added to it? ( the UI localization files? )
" that describes the service (e.g. built in is "New
service"). Drop down will pick which type of service"
Uh.. is this how I give the user the dropdown values for the
"Template type" ? and/or "Key" values?
4) " pass the response JS object, and the validate method can write error
messages to the screen and return true or false if valid."
Is there example code of how to return error messages to the UI?
- [grouper-dev] RE: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+new+template+wizard, Black, Carey M., 11/30/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.