grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Notes and Action Items from Grouper Call, Wed. Jan 27, 2016

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Notes and Action Items from Grouper Call, Wed. Jan 27, 2016

  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Notes and Action Items from Grouper Call, Wed. Jan 27, 2016
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 18:38:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Notes from Grouper Call Wed. Jan 27, 2016

Attending:

Chris Hyzer, U. Penn (Chair)

Jim Fox, U. Washington

Shilen Patel, Duke

Misagh Moayyed, Unicon

Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Action Items

[AI] (All) think about TIER Packaging survey  results and items that we could fix with  relatively  low effort

AI (Shilen) remind Chris on hibernate info and HSQL

AI (Chris) make hibernate work w HSQL

AI (Shilen) create wiki page on the hibernate work (mysql problem)

[AI] (Shilen) create  log with warning for GSH (based on input from packaging survey)

[AI] (Chris) make patching and upgrading work on a source directory (based on input from packaging survey)

[AI] (Bert) email DaveL to clarify the conflict handling issue in Post PSP Provisioning wiki

[AI] (Chris) get rules into new UI, for inheriting privileges

[AI] ( Misagh) look on Grouper wiki for Java doc links and change them to grouper.io

[AI] (Shilen) create a wiki documenting the Loader work

Completed Action Items

[AI] (Chris) will provide Shilen with hibernate mapping example - DONE

[AI] (Chris) make a JIRA about renaming of Loader to Daemon and share it with the list DONE

[AI] (Shilen) look at GrouperKimModule and make it compile with attributes/types DONE

Discussion

Current work tasks

Chris: GSH export/import, Messaging changelog consumer

Chris made some progress, hasn’t finished yet

Shilen: Loader, Hibernate?  Other?

Register quartz jobs, duo converted (remove the hostname configuration)

Grouper-misc with old quartz stuff - leave as is, they dont run in the api

Quartz updates are done

Look at error unresolvable on loader jobs (see the LDAP config, consolidate the LDAP SQL config)

·

Bert: PSPNG - Bert not on this call

·

Misagh: Building and packaging

·

Vivek: WS - not on this call

TIER Update

There is ongoing work on TIER APIs

TIER Packaging Survey

- Grouper got mixed reviews regarding installation process

After discussion, here are some action Items coming out of TIER Packaging survey:

[AI] (Shilen) create  log with warning for GSH (based on input from packaging survey)

[AI] (Chris) make patching and upgrading work on a source directory (based on input from packaging survey)

Misagh asks how will survey results be used by the TIER project?

Chris: we should ask that at the next TIER packaging WG call

Misagh suggests we should  focus on making sure the UI is comprehensive and consolidated enough

Chris: Agree, but we have mostly put off the UI consolidation  for the Grouper 2.4 release

[AI] (Chris) get rules into new UI, for inheriting privileges

[AI] (All) think about TIER Packaging survey  results and items that we could fix with  relatively low effort

Editing attributes in UI is hard to do

Misagh: the questions on Grouper provisioning targets are not directly related to packaging

Chris: the TIER  Packaging WG is  also looking at installing and configuring issues too, it’s also about administrator usability

Issue roundup

·         Consolidating ldap pools and config

·         Sample unboundid server

·          etc (having email problems, will just discuss on call)

Next Grouper Call: Wed Feb 10 at noon ET

Emily Eisbruch, Work Group Lead, Trust and Identity
Internet2

office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749

  • [grouper-dev] Notes and Action Items from Grouper Call, Wed. Jan 27, 2016, Emily Eisbruch, 02/05/2016