Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
[grouper-dev] GRP-1139: PSP doesn't support configs with multiple classes in a Grouper Hook definition
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: John Gasper <>, "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-dev] GRP-1139: PSP doesn't support configs with multiple classes in a Grouper Hook definition
- Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 09:16:01 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
John fixed this issue, I made a patch in 2.2.
John, if you use the patch let me know if it works for you.
Thanks Chris. I’ll see if I can get it working.
tar xzf grouper.apiBinary-2.2.1.tar.gz
ps -ef | grep java --- kill hsql
java -cp ../lib/jdbcSamples/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.1 file:grouper -dbname.1 grouper &
./gsh -registry -runscript
./gsh -test -all
Thanks for the info, I’m sure it will come in handy as I work through this, but my initial question is how do you as a dev execute the test? I don’t see anything in the grouper client's ant build.xml that builds and executes the tests in a repeatable, automatic fashion. With mvn and gradle based builds it almost happens for free. I’m just not sure of process that you use. Once I get this working I’ll submit a pull request for GRP-1139.
Hmmm, I think hooks are added at startup, and if you want to change them you have to bounce.
So a unit test to test how hooks are read from the config file, would need:
1. Edit GrouperHookType, add a public static method called clearConfiguredHooksForTesting() to set hookTypes to null
2. In your test, call that method at the beginning of the test and in a finally block (to reset stuff for other tests)
3. Add your config overrides like this:
4. Then call the method that would use the hook, it should work. The override gets cleared in GrouperTest so don’t worry about clearing it, though you could if you like:
Let me know if you need more help J
So I’m working on https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1139 and like to form some unit test around validating that multiple hook classes are read in through the grouperClient config that gsh uses.
I’ve found some config test for the cascading properties and think I have a valid test related to the issue, but I’m not sure of the best practice way of executing it? Is there a standard method for doing the compile and test execution related to the Grouper Client that I’m missing?
- [grouper-dev] GRP-1139: PSP doesn't support configs with multiple classes in a Grouper Hook definition, Chris Hyzer, 06/03/2015
- [grouper-dev] Re: GRP-1139: PSP doesn't support configs with multiple classes in a Grouper Hook definition, John Gasper, 06/11/2015
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: [grouper-dev] GRP-1139: PSP doesn't support configs with multiple classes in a Grouper Hook definition, John Gasper, 06/03/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.