Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
[grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI
- From: "Misagh Moayyed" <>
- To: <>
- Subject: [grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 10:20:12 -0700 (MST)
There are a few JIRAs on Grouper UI  that explain how the Browse Folders pane does not automatically refresh to remember and browse to the newly created group/folder. The pane also does not select and browse to the selected object when it’s simply being viewed. We have a proposal on github that attempts to provide a fix for all such scenarios available here . I am interested to learn how you use the pane today and what the ideal experience may be:
1. Should the pane refresh and browse, only when a new item is created [and not when it’s viewed]? (which would also include copy/move/delete operations)
2. Should the pane refresh and browse to the item on all operations?
Note that while #2 is handled by the proposal, it would be somewhat heavy on server performance, given how the pane operates, such that rest calls to grouper to retrieve a fresh copy of the items on crud operations may be too much as the list size grows.
- [grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI, Misagh Moayyed, 03/02/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.