grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI

  • From: "Misagh Moayyed" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 10:20:12 -0700 (MST)

Grouper Devs,

There are a few JIRAs on Grouper UI [1][2] that explain how the Browse Folders pane does not automatically refresh to remember and browse to the newly created group/folder. The pane also does not select and browse to the selected object when it’s simply being viewed. We have a proposal on github that attempts to provide a fix for all such scenarios available here [3]. I am interested to learn how you use the pane today and what the ideal experience may be:

1.       Should the pane refresh and browse, only when a new item is created [and not when it’s viewed]? (which would also include copy/move/delete operations)

2.       Should the pane refresh and browse to the item on all operations?

Note that while #2 is handled by the proposal, it would be somewhat heavy on server performance, given how the pane operates, such that rest calls to grouper to retrieve a fresh copy of the items on crud operations may be too much as the list size grows.

[1] https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1010

[2] https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1119

[3] https://github.com/Internet2/grouper/pull/26

- Misagh

  • [grouper-dev] Auto-selection active folder/group in UI, Misagh Moayyed, 03/02/2015