grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Can `grouper-loader.properties` be externalized? - Was Re: Can `grouper.hibernate.properties` be externalized from WAR file?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Can `grouper-loader.properties` be externalized? - Was Re: Can `grouper.hibernate.properties` be externalized from WAR file?

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Can `grouper-loader.properties` be externalized? - Was Re: Can `grouper.hibernate.properties` be externalized from WAR file?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:36:36 -0500 (EST)

Chris,

I tried the same trick with the `grouper-loader.properties` file:

grouper-loader.config.hierarchy =
classpath:grouper-loader.base.properties,
file:/etc/grouper/grouper-loader.local.properties

However, if I attempt to run a loader job, I get an error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cant find the ldap connection named: 'personLdap'
in the grouper-loader.properties. Should have entry: ldap.personLdap.url or
ldap.personLdap.configFileFromClasspath,
Problem with ldap conection: personLdap,
Error querying ldap server id: personLdap, searchDn:
ou=mailgroups,o=lafayette, filter: 'cn=union_pt', returning attribute: member

Is it possible to externalize the `grouper-loader.properties`? It makes
deploying the software and the configurations separately a lot easier if I
can do this.

Is there some general way to externalize Java property files, or is it
something that needs to be approached on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks,
Carl