grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call of May 21, 2014

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call of May 21, 2014

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: Emily Eisbruch <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call of May 21, 2014
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:43:25 +0100

Hi Shilen,

Sorry for the late reply. I was at the TNC2014 meeting last week.

Here are some thoughts about the upgrade instructions:

1b) Can you give an example of the "legacy style attributes and group
types"? I think some readers would find it useful to have a concrete
example. So you might write

"The legacy style attributes and group types, such as the 'UPDATE
privilege' or the 'grouperLoader' group type', are no longer part of
Grouper.."

2) The text says "You should get v2.1 versions of the Grouper API,
Grouper UI, ...". Is that supposed to be v2.2?

8) All the steps in step 8 appear to be boilerplate that will be the
same for every Grouper deployment. Will you consider creating a gsh
script that is deployed into $GROUPER_HOME/bin/ next to gsh itself
that an admin could run and that would execute all those commands?

Thanks,

Scott

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Shilen Patel