grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] amazon messaging poc

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] amazon messaging poc

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Cc: Rob Carter <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] amazon messaging poc
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:43:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Penn is looking into an application messaging platform (for various types of messages including authorization notifications), and we are evaluating ActiveMQ and Amazon SNS/SQS.

Others were interested in the POC we did, so I posted it on the wiki:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Amazon+messaging+POC

There are Java coding samples for SNS/SQS and a basic load test.

Penn will be talking with Amazon next week about it, if people are thinking of using SQS/SNS at their institution and have concerns, let me know and I can ask J

If we go forward with them (which some of us are leaning toward), I will do Grouper integration with SNS/SQS in two areas (at least):

1.       Change log consumer that sends messages to SNS, and the Grouper client which receives messages from SQS, and does something

2.       Change log consumer that maintains SNS/SQS security via Grouper permissions (i.e. allow an amazon application user to send/receive to SNS/SQS) like this:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+ActiveMQ+integration

Comments welcome J

Ps. Jim F’s writeup on amazon is here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Univ+of+Washington%27s+experiences+with+messaging