Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper call 2-Jan-2013

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

List archive

[grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper call 2-Jan-2013

Chronological Thread 
  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper call 2-Jan-2013
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 19:59:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Draft Minutes, Grouper call 2-Jan-2013


Tom Barton, U. Chicago (chair)  
Chris Hyzer, University of Pennsylvania  
Shilen Patel, Duke University 
Jim Fox, U. Washington
Bill Thompson, Unicon
Michael Girgis, U. Chicago  
Steve Olshansky, Internet2  
Emily Eisbruch, Internet2, scribe 

Action Items

[AI] SteveO will refine the Grouper Download page notification to it more bold and as easy as possible for the downloader to get on the email list

Carry Over Action Items

[AI] (Chris) update the services wiki page, incorporating the concepts of phases and use cases.

[AI] (Shilen) start a design wiki for the legacy attribute migration  

[AI] (Emily) reach out to frequent contributors on the list for refreshing the case studies

[AI] (Chris) upgrade the Grouper demo to the latest Grouper version 2.1 

[AI] (unassigned) add info to the wiki regarding doing testing on provisioning  

[AI] (unassigned) put test data in the Grouper demo to show using an LDAP source.


Status of the Grouper 2.1.3 Release

Chris is working on packaging the 2.1.3 release.
Release should be ready soon.

Information on Who Uses Grouper

SteveO has consulted with Andrew and been working on adding text to the Grouper download page to encourage people to add their name an email list when the download Grouper. This is not a registration form, just a request.  The original goal was to have another way besides looking at access logs to find out who uses Grouper. It would be helpful to have data on how many Grouper users there are worldwide.

SteveO will continue to work on this.
[AI] SteveO will refine the Grouper Download page notification to it more bold and as easy as possible for the downloader to get on the email list

CAS Model for tracking info on users:

Bill noted that uPortal / CAS has worked on the same issue of knowing who is using a particular open-source tool. CAS has set up:

- a list of deployments on their website

- a description of each deployment on the wiki:

- a list of deployers on the wiki:

These lists of CAS deployments are maintained by people reminding others on the mailing list, saying "we want to know about your deployment."  Bill suggested to pick one route for tracking Grouper deployments and continually remind people.

Grouper UI Redesign

Michael received good response to his "Grouper UI User Testing" email of 20-Dec-2012.  Efforts are moving forward on the Grouper UI redesign work.

Grouper 2.2 non-UI Items

Jim may work with Chris on issue of adding integer ID's to Grouper objects.

Chris has been working on Organizing Services in Grouper Services.

Important use cases are
  - what can I access? 
  - what services am I an admin of?

Apereo Conference

A few members of the Grouper core team are planning to attend the Apereo Unconference, in mid-January at Arizona State University:

Most likely there will be some discussions at the Apereo UnConference touching on CIFER and Grouper.

Next Call: Wed. 16-Jan-2013 at noon ET

Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst
office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749

Visit our website:
Follow us on Twitter:
Become a Fan on Facebook:

  • [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper call 2-Jan-2013, Emily Eisbruch, 01/08/2013

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page