grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] organizing services in grouper

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] organizing services in grouper

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] organizing services in grouper
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:31:46 -0600

Chris,

Should we specify one or more use cases, to ensure that the implementation meets their needs? Possible ideas:
  • A "My Services" thing in the v2.2 UI that shows users what services they can access, or perhaps can't access, and that shows users that are also a service admin for one or more services an indication that they have that role and maybe even an ability to exercise it.
  • A user wants to know whether they are permitted to access a given service, and if not, a step they might take towards (re)establishing their access to it.
  • Service Desk staff able to do the same on behalf of a user.
  • Report on all services whose access is managed by a given grouper instance, even if those services aren't all provided by the same IT shop.
  • Service names are assigned by multiple people given that permission, and so they must not collide.