grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] PSP not synching everything

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] PSP not synching everything

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] PSP not synching everything
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:05:18 -0400

Hello,

I’m currently testing with PSP 2.1.0, I know 2.1.2-updated should be out soon, so this might already be fixed, but I have some problems with Groups that have groups as members.

I did a gsh.sh -psp -bulkSync and all the groups with user as members synced to AD, but the ones with groups as member didn’t. A second bulkSync solved the problem. I believe the problem is that the groups with group-type-members weren’t created before the main group was created so the PSP couldn’t resolve the members at the creation

e.g. my structure looks like :

- Group: allCourses (member: courseA, courseB)

- Stem : courses

-- Group : courseA (member : userA)

-- Group : courseB (member : userB)

courseA and courseB were created in AD with the first sync

allCourses was created in the second sync

I’m not sure how this should be handled, it would be nice if dependency could be resolved so the groups can be created in the right order, but there could be cycles in the dependencies. Maybe keeping the groups with any groups as member in a separate list to process them at the end would lessen the problem.

Thank you for your time.

Sébastien Gagné,     | Analyste en informatique

514-343-6111 x33844  | Université de Montréal,

                     | Pavillon Roger-Gaudry, local X-100-11

  • [grouper-dev] PSP not synching everything, Gagné Sébastien, 08/24/2012