grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] grouper-ui.properties file

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] grouper-ui.properties file

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] grouper-ui.properties file
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:37:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey,

Im working on having hierarchical overlay config files for Grouper as we have discussed on dev calls, and the UI already has something like this with the nav.properties and media.properties as resource bundles.  I think they are useful in that they can vary based on language or dialect of the user, but they are not the same as the overlay that will be available for grouper.properties, grouper-ws.properties, grouper.client.properties, etc.  So I was thinking of having a grouper-ui.properties that will be overlayable, and that will have stuff that isnt related to language/dialect/region.  e.g. the image at the top of the screen will be able to be customized in the media.properties, but the fact that the lite ui is linked from the admin ui will be true or false for all languages, so it can be in the grouper-ui.properties.  So there isnt debate, we could look in the grouper-ui.properties, and if not there, then try the media.properties.  Let me know if you have thoughts on this.

  • [grouper-dev] grouper-ui.properties file, Chris Hyzer, 08/21/2012