grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] RE: AttributeDef Value Type : boolean

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] RE: AttributeDef Value Type : boolean

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Chris Hyzer" <>, <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] RE: AttributeDef Value Type : boolean
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 13:04:18 -0400

I used some other “no value” attributes as marker for membership and it worked fine (to mark them as “system of record”), but in this case a Boolean would be more appropriate : I want to add an attribute to my configuration group (similar to a Loader LDAP configuration group) that will enable or disable part of the process.

I could test if a mandatory attribute for that specific process is there to enable or disable it, but that would mean I would “lose” this configuration and I’ll have to redo it when I want to turn it back on. I believe it’s a little more user-friendly to have clear indicator telling the status than having to figure it out based on the value or presence of other attribute.

When assigning a value to a Boolean Type attribute instead of a textbox you would have either a checkbox or a combo box with something like True/False or Yes/No