grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] RE: LDAP Loader with Composite Group

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] RE: LDAP Loader with Composite Group

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Chris Hyzer" <>, <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] RE: LDAP Loader with Composite Group
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:46:32 -0400

Yes that’s the problem, we have multiple locations where we cana dd/remove members for different reasons for different « types » of groups (automated courses groups, manual delegated application groups, application security groups, distribution list group).

We plan on having incremental deployement, so we will only manage course groups in the beginning, but we still have to be in sync with the master directory (Active Directory)

Yes the custom sync might me slower than the simpler SQL Loader, but at once a day I don’t think it’s going to be too bad. The PSP shouldn’t use that attribute, so I believe that it’s sync won’t be affected right ?

Back to my original question/problem/bug, when using the composite-include group, it is provisioned to AD, but when the LDAP loader tries to sync it, it tries to add members to a composite, which is illegal. I believe the LDAP should detect the composite and use the API methods for composite (I believe I saw something like that in the code, but I’m not sure how they should be used)

Thanks for your help