grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] reducing excessive psp memory consumption

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] reducing excessive psp memory consumption

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] reducing excessive psp memory consumption
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:35:29 -0500

TomZ,

If I understand correctly, a bulk object is created during the course of a bulk operation, but the object itself is not needed operationally. If that's so, then yes, an option to skip it or create an alternate with much smaller footprint sounds appropriate.

Could better error handling, as we've been speaking of in a different thread, provide diagnostic info that would reduce the added value of a complete bulk object? Riffing on your thought, maybe this suggests creating a stream of child objects that are discarded except for those children for which an error occurred.

TomB