grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Batch membership update

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Batch membership update

  • From: Jonathan Tellier <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Batch membership update
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:12:54 -0400

Hello,

I just want to make a quick note about something that would be nice to
have for us in the next version of grouper's UI : the ability to
easily assign multiple groups to a subject. Right now, there doesn't
seem to be a way to manage membership from a subject point of view.
Everything is done through the group page. It would be great if there
was a may to manage membership from the subject info page. That way,
we could easily add a single subject to multiple groups. It would be
even better if there was a mechanism like the "Import members" from
the Lite UI's group page where you can import a CSV file or imput
members directly on screen. That could be used to list the groups in
which we want to add a subject.

We have not yet evaluated how critical this functionality would be to
us, but we know that it would be useful. We have not excluded the
possibility to implement it ourselves if we need it before v.2.2 of
the UI is released.

According to the wiki, the input-gathering process for UI
functionality is over, but I've nevertheless added this feature
request to the list.

Thanks,
--jtellier