grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] [psp] memory hog fix and release plan ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] [psp] memory hog fix and release plan ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] [psp] memory hog fix and release plan ?
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 09:41:27 -0500

After some profiling, I think I have found two performance issues of note.

The first is retrieving attributes from the attribute framework, which
is not a new issue. Previously, in 1.6 (ldappcng), attribute framework
attributes were returned for a group, member, or stem only if the
attribute name was configured in the attribute resolver configuration.
I thought the attribute framework performance issues were resolved in
2.x, so the grouper data connectors return all attributes for every
group, member, or stem, but this is slow even when no attributes are
defined. Consider this a regression in the psp.

The second is that subject attributes are written to the
grouper_members table upon retrieval of a subject, which I believe is
new in 2.x. How about a boolean parameter to
SourcesXmlResolver.find(id, source) so that
updateMemberAttributes(subject) is not called ?

I can add bugs to jira, but thought we could discuss here first.

Thanks,
TomZ

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Chris Hyzer
> There are a few fixed, and Im working on some WS changes for comanage which
> could or could not be included... hopefully I will be done in 7-10 days...
>
> All my issues are in jira, TomZ can you add yours?
>
> https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GRP+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.1.1%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

  • Re: [grouper-dev] [psp] memory hog fix and release plan ?, Tom Zeller, 05/01/2012