grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] error on Group membership update lite

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] error on Group membership update lite

  • From: James Vuccolo <>
  • To: Lynn Garrison <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] error on Group membership update lite
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:33:31 -0400

On Mar 27, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Lynn Garrison wrote:

> Chris,
> We not sure about using sticky for the load balancer. We have a
> request into the group that manages the load balancer to set sticky if it
> is not current set. We don't see the problem with no load balancer.
> Looking at the the request logs, I can see that the request starting on one
> node and switching to a different node.

We turned sticky on later in the morning and the problem seems to be gone.

Jimmy.

> Thanks,
> On Mar 27, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
>
>> Are you using sticky load balancing? You need sticky load balancing if
>> you are using a load balancer... sounds like that is the problem if the
>> app works with no load balancer, right? Can you see in the logs that
>> requests for a user on one machine in the cluster have subsequent requests
>> to a different node in the cluster and that is where it is bombing?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris

>>> GrouperUiRestServlet.doGet(232) - - Problem calling reflection from URL:
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.serviceLogic.SimpleMembershipUpdateMenu.advancedMenuStructure
>>>
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Cant find hideShow:
>>> 'simpleMembershipUpdateGroupDetails' it needs to exist on the screen or
>>> be initted,
>>> Problem calling method advancedMenuStructure on
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.serviceLogic.SimpleMembershipUpdateMenu
>>> at
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.beans.json.GuiHideShow.retrieveHideShow(GuiHideShow.java:72)
>>> at
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.serviceLogic.SimpleMembershipUpdateMenu.advancedMenuStructure(SimpleMembershipUpdateMenu.java:144)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>> at
>>> at
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.util.GrouperUtil.invokeMethod(GrouperUtil.java:3881)
>>> at
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.util.GrouperUtil.callMethod(GrouperUtil.java:3832)
>>> at
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.j2ee.GrouperUiRestServlet.doGet(GrouperUiRestServlet.java:202)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>>> at
>>> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.GrouperUiFilter.doFilter(GrouperUiFilter.java:807)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
>>> at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
>>> at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:776)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:705)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:898)
>>> at

--
James "Jimmy" Vuccolo,

Technical Manager, Identity and Access Management
The Pennsylvania State University
215B Computer Building, University Park, PA 16802
Office: 814-865-5635
http://www.personal.psu.edu/jvuccolo/