grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper Call 29-Feb-2012

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper Call 29-Feb-2012

  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes, Grouper Call 29-Feb-2012
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:31:22 -0500

Draft Minutes, Grouper Call 29-Feb-2012

Attending

Chris Hyzer, University of Pennsylvania  (stand-in chair)
Shilen Patel, Duke
Tom Zeller, Unicon
Sébastien Gagné, University of Montreal
Steve Olshansky, Internet2

Carry Over Action Items

[AI] (Shilen) will work on upgrade instructions for the Grouper 2.1 release

[AI] (SteveO) will create the archive PDF of Grouper 2.0, and will email the Grouper-core list to ask people not to edit the wiki while the PDF is being created.  (DONE)

[AI] (TomZ) will add the new steps relating to PSP to the release steps page

[AI]  (TomZ and Emily) will update the documentation to reflect the terminology change from LDAPPC-NG to PSP (in progress)

[AI] (Emily) will double-check that references to the QuickStart are removed from the wiki doc and that the Grouper Installer is properly documented.

[AI] (Chris) will update the Grouper-Users list about developments impacting the Grouper Atlassian connector and also update the wiki page:

[AI] (TomB and Emily) will outline a plan for getting community input to the new Grouper UI

[AI] (Mike) will review and contribute to the Grouper UI Planning wiki page
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+UI+redesign+v2.2

[AI] (Shilen) will review and contribute to the Grouper UI Planning wiki page

 [AI] (TomZ) will put test data in the Grouper demo to show using an LDAP source

[AI] (TomZ) will review the Grouper LDAP Loader doc and provide feedback to Chris, possibly with lessons learned from LDAPPC work.
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+-+Loader+LDAP

[AI] (Rob) will follow up with Danno on obtaining the server for the Continuous Integration Environment.

[AI] (Everyone) review Rob's chapters and give him feedback on the Grouper Users List.

DISCUSSION

PSP

- TomZ:  To build the PSP correctly, it must be built after Grouper 2.10 is tagged, in order to get the correct tag of Grouper-Shib.
- TomZ has been waiting until after the Attribute Framework work was done.
- TomZ will email Chris about this and Chris will handle it.
- Most likely only retagging will be needed (not rebuilding)

Q: Will TomZ add PSP to the ant build?

A: No, PSP is built by Maven on the I2MI build server and then published to Maven.
Then TomZ copies the tar ball and moves it to the release server.

TomZ will email the list when PSP is available for testing

TomZ expressed thanks to Sebastian, who provided config files for AD, thus saving time in the development.

Other Issues Related Grouper 2.1 Release

- Chris committed some LITE UI work.
- Chris and Shilen will start testing the API using the unit tests
- Once the tests pass on one database, we can test them on others

- Shilen: there was an issue when we changed how permissions work, some of the rules (which were based on flattened permissions) needed to change.
- Chris will handle this. See

- An upgrade step would be to see if your site is using those rules,
-  or maybe the upgrade should check for you?
- we can assume most people aren't using those rules
- but we can mention this as an upgrade step
- state in the doc  "if you are using it, then stop"
- maybe run a query to see
- Chris will work on this

TomZ : how urgent is getting 2.10 on the demo server?
TomZ can put Grouper 2.10 on the server

- However, that means that Chris must put a Grouper 2.1 environment on the demo server
- this involves a schema and tomcat
- possibly install it using the Grouper installer?
- Chris: no, have different naming conventions, but will figure it out

Next Grouper Call: Wed. 14-March-2012 at noon ET

Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst
Internet2
office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749

Visit our website: www.internet2.edu
Follow us on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/internet2
Become a Fan on Facebook: