grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] help with math homework ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] help with math homework ?

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] help with math homework ?
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:02:33 +0100

* caleb racey
<>
[2012-01-06 14:47]:
> Years back when we were setting up our data infrastructure I put a
> fair bit of effort into looking for a good torture test identity
> data set to test our data feeds e.g. a data set with names with
> apostrophes, accents, really long names, names without surnames,
> hyphenated names, multiple firstnames, multiple last names etc etc

Just for one small aspect from that lists (non-7bit ASCII characters)
I really like the tiny web form that Dick Visser (of TERENA) did on
his personal web site -- an UTF-8 generator that creates UTF-8 strings
/visually/ similar to your ASCII input. So "Chris Hyzer" becomes:
Ċһґïš Ήұźệя
Ćђяỉş Ħŷźếŕ
Çħґĩš Ңγžεґ
etc. Great for generating fake data for your own apps.
(Hope you mail user agent is UTF-8 capable :))

The app is at http://www.tienhuis.nl/utf8-generator
-peter