grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Good timing: A beta Grouper Installer

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Good timing: A beta Grouper Installer

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To: , PB IAM <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Good timing: A beta Grouper Installer
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 05:14:03 -0700

All,

Chris Hyzer, lead developer for Grouper, has just released the first trial version of a dedicated Grouper Installer.  UW-Madison (GAMS, Project Bamboo) is explicitly invited to give it a try, and to use the Grouper Development mailing list (Grouper Dev <>) to raise support-style questions and identify areas for improvement.   To subscribe to Grouper-dev, send an email to with the following subject line:

subscribe grouper-dev Your1stName YourLastName

Substitute grouper-users in the subject line above to subscribe to the grouper-users mailing list.

Chris sent the following note a few hours ago:

I've tried the grouper installer on windows and Linux, it works fine.  If you want to try this and let me know any feedback, that would be great:

Linux installer video:

Windows:

I would be interested if someone could try on a mac especially, but any platform at this point, this is new and experimental J

You can download the jar or zip here:

The installer prints out which files are being edited, and which commands are being run, so the user can learn from what is going on.  It uses the stock Grouper packages so there is no magic or hidden configuration included.

An introduction to an EARLIER version of the installer can be found at:

  • [grouper-dev] Good timing: A beta Grouper Installer, Keith Hazelton, 01/05/2012