grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] always available web services

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] always available web services

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] always available web services
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:59:53 -0800

I am compelled to point out that there is another way to implement
'always availability', namely with LDAP replicas. They are fast and
easy to make redundant. And they easily support the two most common
queries that need to be always available: effective membership of a
group and effective memberships for a user.

I'd go so far as to suggest that an LDAP ought to be a standard
component of any Grouper installation. Do that, with a standardized
LDAP schema, and you have, almost automatically, instant updates of the
LDAP and easy 'always availability' of the web service.

Jim